Want to commission a custom market research to suit your needs? We are here to help. Let us know.
PharmSource - M&A in the CMC Services Industry: Implications and Outlook
M&A is reshaping the bio/pharmaceutical contract development services industry. Established CMOs and CROs are pursuing acquisitions to drive scale and broaden their offerings, while private equity are anxious to either gain a presence in the industry or cash in on investments already made. Acquisitions of facilities divested by bio/pharma companies offer an alternative route for entering the industry or increasing capacity.
- According to the latest PharmSource Trend Report, M&A in the CMC Services Industry: Implications and Outlook, in the three-year period 2014-2016 there were 101 acquisitions of CMC services companies, including dose and API manufacturing, packaging, logistics, formulation and analytical services. Only 25% of the targets had revenues greater than $100 million; most targets were small companies. Contrary to the popular impression, little industry consolidation has resulted from M&A.
- M&A in the CMC Services Industry: Implications and Outlook analyzes how M&A in the bio/pharma contract services industry is likely to play out over the next two years. It examines which capabilities are likely to be most in demand by acquirers and which companies are most likely to be targets.
Reasons to buy
- CMOs: market trends, strategic planning, competitive intelligence, performance benchmarking
- Bio/Pharma: supplier performance benchmarking, market trends, competitive intelligence
- Private equity and Stock analysts: target identification and analysis, portfolio company performance benchmarking
1 Table of Contents
Objectives and Methodology
Overview of M&A Activity 2014-2016
Segment Close-Ups of M&A Activity 2014-1026
What It Means
The Outlook for M&A in CMC Services
List of Tables
1.1 List of Tables
Table 1 CMC Services Businesses Acquired as Part of Larger Deals
Table 2 Company Acquisitions 2014-2016 by Target Service and Size
Table 3 Company Acquisitions 2014-2016 by Target Service and Ownership
Table 4 Company Acquisitions 2014-2016 by Target Market Scope and Size
Table 5 Most Active Acquirers 2014-2016
Table 6 Acquisitions of Dose Manufacturers
Table 7 Acquisitions of Biologics API Manufacturers
Table 8 Acquisitions of Small Molecule API Manufacturers
Table 9 Acquisitions of Analytical Services Providers
Table 10 Acquisitions of Formulation and CTM Providers
Table 11 Acquisitions of Packaging and Logistics Services Providers
Table 12 CMC Services Deals with Known Transaction Value and Multiples
Table 13 Facility Acquisitions by CMOs 2014-2016
Table 14 Number of Deals by Buyer and Target Service Offering
Table 15 Acquisitions by Private Equity Firms 2014-16
Table 16 Service Providers Owned 4+ Years by PE Firms
Table 17 Potential Targets: Biologics API Service Providers
Table 18 Potential Targets: Gene and Cell Therapy Providers
List of Figures
1.2 List of Figures
Figure 1 Company Acquisitions 2014-2016 by Target Service Offering
Figure 2 Company Acquisitions 2014-2016 by Target Revenues
Figure 3 Company Acquisitions 2014-2016 by Target Ownership
Figure 4 Acquisition Targets by Sophistication of Capabilities
Figure 5 Number of Acquisitions by Buyer Rationale
Figure 6 Number of Acquisitions by Buyer’s Core Business
Figure 7 Number of Acquisitions by Buyer Ownership
Figure 8 Number of Acquisitions by Principal Buyer Motivation
Figure 9 Dose Forms Manufactured by Acquired Dose Manufacturers
Figure 10 Bio/Pharma Facility Acquisitions 2014-2016
Do you need more information about this report before making a purchase decision or wish to customize this report to suite your requirements?
If yes, then please use the form given below and we will get in touch with you immediately.
Kindly use your official email address and contact number to ensure speedy response.